Thursday, April 21, 2011

Last Weekend

I better give you LAST weekend's updates before THIS weekend gets here!!! ( I'm cutting it real close as it starts TOMORROW!!)

On Friday, I had my work's annual meeting so Casey and Mr. B just hung out at home and did some "guy" things. Saturday I was hoping that that the weather people were wrong and that it really was going to be warm and sunny instead. GUESS NOT...they were 100 % right this time, windy, cold, and rainy. I was so bummed that we didn't get to go to the VEISHA parade or the ISU spring game.  Trust me, we are not fair weather fans.  There have been many games where it has been miserable and there we sit...FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHTing for Iowa State!!  It just wasn't worth it to take Mr. B out in the elements as he was still trying to get better. We had a great day of playing inside and  Mr. B had a ball getting into new things!!

I see you in there

I almost have it...

HI Mommy!!

On Sunday, we went to Bass Pro Shop because there was someone we thought Mr. B would like to meet and Casey wanted to buy some new hunting boots with a gift card he had.

We are on our way now.

Mr. B wasn't scared of the bunny. He looked at it like " what are you" and turned around and put his hands behind his head like he was the stud sitting on the bunny's lap. I didn't get a picture of him high fiving him but it was really cute also. I was glad that he wasn't traumatized over the adventure because the kids before him were not having anything to do with the bunny. We would have hauled out of there and not did the pictures if he was upset.
He looks okay to sit with.
I have ears too!

What would be a trip to Bass Pro without looking at the fish and other "animals".  Mr. B really liked looking at the fish swimming by him.

Don't get my hands...

Okay, let's get a closer look!!

What is that animal, Daddy?
 He thought we might need a new chair at our house....good thing he was wearing "safety" orange.  I think this might have to wait until we have a "man cave"...it would go perfect in there and not in my current family room!

We should TOTALLY get this....
  
 

.....but NOT these!!!
We tried our hand at the rifle area also. Good thing Casey is the one out there doing the hunting because I couldn't hit anything.  I think Mr. B and Daddy will have fun in several years hunting together.


This looks fun
Casey was able to find the boots he was looking for and he even bought me some apple licorice and taffy!!

Hooray Daddy found his boots!!
Look at me...I am standing by myself!!
After our adventures at Bass Pro Shop we head to lunch at Smokey D's BBQ.  They have won many awards including being  the winners of BBQ Pitmasters on TLC...our own famous place here in town!! The food was good and Casey said that is where he wants to go for Father's Day.  Then we went home to enjoy the afternoon filled with naps, laundry, and TONS of playing!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like last wknd wasn't a total loss! Mister B looks like he had a great time taking it all in! Is he Mr. Laidback, too?

    ReplyDelete