Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Shoe Shopping with Dad

Mr. B was in the need of a new pair of shoes.  I asked Casey if he would mind getting them since he was picking Mr. B up before I got off work.  I had suggested JC. Penny's since that is where I had gotten shoes previously for B Man. I called while on my way home and asked if he was able to find some footwear. He told me they were Nike's and they were red and yellow......that is far from the truth. When I got home they were in the back yard along the far fence and from the door I could see the shoes!!

Here is how the whole shoe experience went down.....
  • Casey picked B Man up at daycare....Hooray for Mismatched Day!!
  • They went to JC Penny's and spoke with THREE different sales people and still didn't get any help finding the ones requested.
  • They left frustrated without shoes and B REALLY NEEDED a diaper change by that point in the adventure.
  • On the way to Von Maur, where he knew he could get real help, they passed Foot Locker.
  • Casey walked in and asked the F L employee if there were any in little guy's size.
  • The Wee One was asked which pair he wanted.
  • Mr. B picked out his favorites and didn't want to look at any others.
  • Casey was happy because it was Mission Accomplished!!
  • After I got home and saw what was purchased and how much they cost... Casey did not expect me to flip out on him....he did what was asked of him...DONE DEAL IN HIS MIND!!
  • By this point it was too late to return them as Mr. B LOVED his new "red boots" and he had already wore them home from the store and into the dirt to help dad.
  • I figured out sometimes it's not about the price paid but what makes him HAPPY to wear.  Easier on everyone involved!!
This is what I wore to daycare for Mismatched Day!

I  "see"  no problems with my new shoes!

Infrared, Electricity, and Black kicks

He is the "BRIGHTEST" kid at daycare now!



I am VERY THANKFUL that Casey took B Man to get new shoes because I wasn't looking forward to this stressful task with the child plus I didn't have to pay for them!!! Casey did a great job getting a pair he would actually put on. I now think Casey needs to go shopping with Mr. B more often and maybe they will buy Mommy something nice also!





No comments:

Post a Comment