Old Navy Sales Gal: Would you like some free cereal?
Me: Sure.
ONSG: Would you like a lot of free cereal?
Me: Okay?
ONSG: Would you like an entire box of cereal?!?!?
Me: Um...Okay??? (said with much hesitation, like what is this girl trying to get us to do)
ONSG: Great, here you go!!!
Me: Thank you???
DO NOT ASK ME WHY but there before us was a big box of cereals....as in 80 sample size boxes of cereals. We were committed to taking it since she handed it to me with such enthusiasm and I didn't want to hurt her feelings. What had we gotten ourselves into!! We sent Jordan to the car with it and did the rest of our mall shopping.
Everyone at Easter dinner the next day was so "excited" to get about six little boxes to take home and enjoy themselves.
After getting checked in at the hotel we all went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. Mr. B was busy looking around and entertaining everyone.
| Hello everyone |
While we were getting the finally things for Easter Sunday at Hy-Vee and Target, Mr. B took at little nap. BIG MISTAKE!! When he woke up about eight, we got him ready to go swimming with Grandpa. This time he didn't have a good time and just cried. Another thing he DID NOT like was having to take a bath instead of a shower with daddy. He managed to get squeaky clean anyway. We played for a bit and then TRIED to get him to wind down for bed. At 11 pm after listening to him whine "da, da, da" for the past hour, I finally got a hold of Casey and he talk to Mr. B. There wasn't much talking on our end just lots of smiles and looking/grabbing the phone but he did settle down enough that he would lay by me and ended up falling asleep at 11:30. The crib was not the best and had REALLY high sides, so it wasn't very easy to get him into it while he was sleeping....note to self bring pack and play next time!!
After a restless night, we were all up to go to church. Mr. B and I took my grandparents to church with us. I dropped them off and parked the car. Meanwhile, they found a spot, in the MIDDLE of the row and I thought this is not going to work if he gets loud during the service. This young man behind us was there with his grandma and his parents and was very friendly with Mr. B....as in talking to him and getting him excited that he was laughing. That guy was going to get us all in trouble!! Mr. B does really good so it wasn't a problem and we made it through without any interruptions. SIDE NOTE: The young man's grandma must have been trying to hook him up with someone from church because she was telling him "that gal" was going to be there, not at that service but the next one....had he spoken to her?? He didn't answer her. I'm thinking BACK OFF Grandma...I think he can handle his own dating affairs!!
I dropped off my grandparents and Mr. B at their house since he was sleeping and I was going to get things from the hotel. It was easier to have him take a good nap there and not be taken in and out of the car several times. He had woke up by the time I got there so you know what that means...PHOTO TIME!! Mr. B was not as thrilled as I was to get him posed. I have fond memories of having my picture taken in these same spots with my siblings and cousins when I was little...I didn't want him to miss out on that!!
He dug into his new things for Easter. I have no idea why he adores Sponge Bob...he also LOVES to watch the weather!! Must be the bright colors.
Before everyone got to my grandparents' house for lunch he played with some PEEPS. He certainly liked to squish them. He was thinking what are these things and why is this stuff getting all over me.
We had a great time with family but we were ready to get home to see Daddy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment